Tuesday, October 9, 2012

May Our Thoughts Be Pleasing

What better way to start the day than a devotion that says to me "keep your mouth shut". Hmmm. I've been challenged in this area my whole entire 36-year life. When God reaffirms this statement (okay, so I paraphrased), it's time to pay attention.
 
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

"A prudent man keeps his knowledge to himself, but the heart of fools blurts out folly." Prov. 12:23

"A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy person keeps a secret." Prov. 11:13

I am thankful that I married a man that will listen to me ramble, raise his eyebrows when I've said too much, and be patient with me when I forget that I can be silent. I pray for the understanding to know that in all three of these times, I can be still. I also pray that the Lord keeps my idle words from springing forth. I hope that you find the strength with me not to blurt out folly.

God bless!
Fame

No comments:

Post a Comment