Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Break in the Cold

I've been waiting for a day where the temperature and wind would let me paint outside. Today was that day! Finally, temps in the mid-60's... I busted out the paint roller and a gallon of a great pale blue primer+paint. The best part ~ if you count the whole gallon of paint, today's furniture remodel cost $17. Yep, seventeen buckeroos!

I'm not completely finished with it yet, but since I'm not sure what the final version will be, this is what I have right now.

First step was to sand and wipe off a few years of storage dust and unintentionally-decoupaged paper shreds from the multiple tiers.

Second step involved painting the whole thing in a coat of latex eggshell-finish, robin egg blue all-in-one paint. Then I repeated step two, all the while trying to chase bugs, a cat and a chicken away from my fresh paint job.


Finishing options, you ask? I could leave it as-is, or I could slap a coat of poly on it for a shiny finish. I could paint the top in black chalkboard pain (using a template, not just the whole top). Who knows? As for now, it looks really darling!

And that's today's quick blog! God bless you on your next adventure.
~Fame~

No comments:

Post a Comment