Thursday, September 27, 2012

Let's call it... My Sabbatical

In my bible devotional today, I realized why I am on my current journey... what I'm now calling My Sabbatical. Webster defines "sabbatical" as a break or change from normal routine; leave. Hebrews 4 (Holy Bible, NIV) describes a day of rest according to God's own example, what we refer to as the Sabbath. I realized that (one of) His intent for my Sabbatical is to find, learn & grow my faith. Not just to rest, but rest in Him.

As I worked my way towards this period of time, I was looking most forward to removing the stress and tension that my employment caused me. Now, I see that I should have been (and will be) looking forward to spending time with Him, and my family. Seeking His Word today, my eyes gravitated toward this passage.
Hebrews 4:10 "For anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from His."
Though I know that I still have work to do... the laundry doesn't "do" itself, I know that I rest from my previous job, and I will seek solace and peace in Him who is mighty and Good. Today, I pray that you will seek Him in your resting period, whether it is a moment, an hour or the entire day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment